7/16/2018

By the way, did I mention...?

When Shinedown's new album "Attention Attention" came out, it caused in me a wave of inspiration and enthusiasm. The result is a photo project. I made a shot for every song of the album. Because this is Shinedown's story, but it's also mine and it's also yours if you want to. Because we all enter this room from time to time and take a dive into our psyche. Here's how my story looks.

The Entrance
'Cause I was sent to warn you: the devil's right beside you.
And it might take forever to put you back together.
Attention, attention! By the way, did I mention: Nothing 'bout me is ordinary.
Kill your conscience - better you than me.
What can you do? Where can you go? When your momma is a burnout and your daddy is a pyro.
'Cause my monsters are real and they're trained how to kill.
Welcome to the party, won't you please come inside where habits have teeth and the words carry knives.
We're creatures of habit, we can't live without it. We don't have to answer to anyone.
In a room full of mirrors there's only one way out.
Get up, get up, get a move on. Get up, get up. What's taking so long?
If you take it down a notch and you let me explain that on this earth we are all the same.
We march, we fight, we live. We scream, we die, we give. We want the world to know we are the human radio.
As I crash and burn like I just don't care, it's my day to be brilliant.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen