2/10/2017

5/12 - It's never goodbye, it's just 'till next time

"Maybe it's because I look at everything as a lesson, or because I don't want to walk around angry, or maybe it's because I finally understand. There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go." - Jennifer Jareau (Criminal Minds)
I always said that I'm not the person to write at a local office, especially not in a small town. However, it turned out to be a place I really liked to be at. Most of this is due to the people I worked with at my first station of the new job in the local office in Marktheidenfeld.

This last month was my last one at this station and it actually made me sad to leave. I got used to our way of doing things, I became part of the team and that was quite a good feeling. 

As a journalist, I learned a lot in this office and with these people. My writing got better, my photography got more focused. But most of all, I learned a lot concerning my person. I learned how to be more self-confident, how to trust the own skills, how to take responsibility when needed.

I will miss the people I worked with, no doubt (especially my favorite colleague who should basically know this already as it's really hard for me not seeing him everyday which leads to me texting way too much). I appreciate what they taught me and I am honored by what they told me in the end about my work. 

This is one of the two very present experiences of this month. 

The second one is way more happy: I became a real bunny mom as our two giant bunnies Dandelion and Amaryllis (who's called Odin now) are now the parents of four baby bunnies.

The babies are healthy and full of life. They run around and discover he world around them. It's the saddest thing on earth that I cannot be there while they grow up, but my parents take care of them now. 

I started to realize a change in me this month, and it's quite positive for the first time. I feel good, I finally got used to living here and I found people who mean a lot to me and who make me feel more at home here eventually. That's the first step, I guess.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen