11/15/2017

This is my "Wake Up Call"

It’s been almost three weeks now since the new Theory of a Deadman record Wake Up Call was released. After the first single “Rx” came out, I was convinced this album would be awesome. Turned out I was right. Eleven artistic and amazing songs made my life easier, inspired me, touched me.

I will only talk about some songs here because I don’t want to be repetitive.

The first one I want to point out is the first song of the record, “Straight Jacket”. I loved it from the very first moment because of the impressive lyrics and the so different style. It’s always great to listen to a band developing and not producing the same album over and over again, like Zach Myers of Shinedown always says. Theory of a Deadman definitely developed with this record, and “Straight Jacket” makes it easy to hear. It focuses on rhythm, has a lot of poetic, poetry slam like lyrics. You just have to jam along.

“Rx” is another outstanding song. Firstly, the topic is so important and it’s quite brave to talk about it in public and to feed the fans with this song, this topic before they know anything else about the album. The atmosphere in this musical piece of art reflects life and it helped me through times of trouble.

My favorite song of “Wake Up Call” at the moment is “G.O.A.T.”  a play on words I had to get first, but then I loved it. I like the way you can listen to it ironically as well as taking it seriously and still get the message I think it conveys: that we all work hard and none of us is perfect as we are all human beings, but still we try and have this dream about being more than human somehow.

One more song: “Loner”. This is the one song I’m most thankful for as it is so important for people to listen and understand this. I’m not sure if any of the and members would be defined a “loner” but it doesn’t matter as the song only says: it’s okay. Be whatever you want. You don’t have to live up to everything society expects, and we all should watch ourselves a little more closely, care a little more, listen a little more carefully. I feel like I’m in this exact position right now, in the process of understanding this and this song came to me just in time.

So that
’s just four of eleven great songs. I recommend: Buy the whole record, listen to it as a whole. It tells a story; about the band and the way these guys have come, but also about yourself. It is a very emotional record and you really should give it a try.

Here’s a song to start with: "Rx" by Theory of a Deadman

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen