7/03/2018

Secrets of Ink #4

This is the smallest tattoo I got by now and I got it from a tattoo artist in Würzburg. And it’s actually all because of Zach Myers of Shinedown that I have it. Here’s the whole story:

 

These are lyrics from “Don’t look back in Anger”, the Oasis song that Zach Myers played in Hamburg & Amsterdam in June 2016. I had never really been into that song, but his performance changed that. It got stuck in my head and I somehow carried that on to the new city I moved to. And then there was this one night when my brother was visiting and he, my roommate & friend Svenja and I were at that bar. And then, suddenly, this song came on. We were singing as if it was to save our lives and so it became part of the Würzburg playlist that accompanied Svenja & me during our year there.

It was only after a depressed phase when we sat on the floor of the hallway in our apartment (both of my roommates and me), crying, that someone (not me) had the idea to get a tattoo, a friendship tattoo that reflected this special year. It took us forever to think of something we would all love. That’s when the idea was born. We wanted the words “as we’re walking on by” written on our foot or ankle.

When we finally made an appointment with the tattoo artist, Svenja went nuts because she had never imagined to ever have a tattoo and now here we are, both wearing this beautiful small thing.

It represents our time in Würzburg, it represents that we had left and that we would always carry that part of our lives with us, even though not all memories might be good. It also means that we will eventually move on and that this belongs to the past. And it means that if we ever lost touch, we would still be connected as we were part of each other’s life.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen