10/18/2018

'Cause I'm a freak like them


On the 15th October 2018 I’ve been to my 10th Halestorm rockshow. And I am deeply in love with this band, even more than before.


I saw the girl and three guys rock out twice this year, one time in Tilburg and then my last show so far in Cologne. Tilburg was great, especially as I hadn’t seen the band for almost three years. They played many new songs and I could rock out with the band and the fans just the way I like it. Afterwards, we waited at the bus and all I can say is: Halestorm are so sweet! 



Joe Hottinger, guitarist and awesome dude, just walked up to me and gave me a tight hug. We talked for a while and he gave me one of his guitar picks because I am unable to catch them at shows. And bassist Josh Smith, too, remembered me after almost three years which honestly felt so good. Lzzy Hale, singer of the band, gave compliments to my friend and me for her lipstick and my hair and we could talk for a while, too. And Arejay Hale, the drummer and little brother of Lzzy, was just funny as always, making everybody laugh. And this is just the short version of how amazing and sweet this was and of how good all four of them made me feel that night. 



Then my 10th show in Cologne. All I can say is: This might have been the best Halestorm show I’ve been to so far. The setlist was just amazing, the atmosphere was so wonderful and the band had this energy on stage, everyone just had to have fun. I never had so much stage-audience(me)-interaction at any rock show ever – with every single band member. And their photographer Judy Won was just as sweet and took pictures of me singing and holding up the sign I brought, but she also took my camera and took photos of Lzzy and Joe playing “The Silence” from right in front of them. 
After the show, Arejay, Joe and Josh came out to us and I just have to say this again: I think I fell in love. Joe was just so sweet and kind and we talked a lot and I got hugged a lot. The same is true for Josh who also sent a voice mail to my brother (he couldn’t come even though he had a ticket because the main station in Cologne was shut down completely). 


So that was my experience. But I want to say more about the band. To the band.


Arejay Hale: Thank you for being this funny person you are. You make me laugh when I need it most, no matter if you’re up on stage or hanging with the fans after the show. Your positivity is amazing and more people should be like you. You are overwhelmingly talented as a drummer and it is a pleasure to watch you do your thing up on stage.




Joe Hottinger: Thank you for everything you did at those two shows. You made me feel very loved and appreciated, you made me smile and I cannot thank you enough. I hope that you, too, feel as appreciated and loved (by me) as you deserve it. You are an amazing person and musician and the world needs more people like you. I am just so happy I got to know you, Joe. You lifted me up without even knowing how much I needed that and this is just great. You are just great. 




Josh Smith: Thank you for you, basically. Thank you for remembering me. Thank you for making me smile. You are such a kind and gentle and funny and sweet person and I am happy I got to know you. Your energy on stage is amazing and I love watching you play your music. You, too, lifted me up during those two shows without knowing what that meant to me in this time and I am so thankful for this. I hope the letter could explain what all this means to me and I hope you feel as appreciated and loved (by me) as you deserve to. Thank you, Josh. 


Lzzy Hale: Thank you for making me strong with your music and you kindness. You are amazingly talented as a musician and the way you lift others up and share your love is inspiring. You are inspiring. I hope my letter already explained what you did for me and what you do for others. Just never ever change, you are gorgeous. I hope you know that. I hope you feel as appreciated and loved as you deserve to. Thank you for everything.
 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen