11/16/2018

Shinedown Roadtrip: Tilburg


Kilometers traveled: 4.426

Shows: 4/10

For our fourth Shinedown show on this roadtrip we drove to Tilburg, Netherlands. I had been there before to see Halestorm in October and the experience when we left the car and walked to the venue was the same again: We almost got run over by multiple bycicles. 



But eventually, we made it to 013 Poppodium. 

Now, before I go on, I have to say something about a certain person with quite amazing hair and a really good heart: Matt Healy made every single show of this trip funnier and better than it already was. And even though he is wrong about all cats being evil, this whole thing wouldn't have been as amazing without him. We're only halfway through but I thought it's time to say thank you: Thank you, Matt, for taking care of us, for making us laugh, for taking ridiculous pictures and videos of us, for all the other things you do - for everything basically. We love you. 


This show in Tilburg was super emotional for me. Shinedown played several songs that remind me of rather dark times, of certain people, of myself and the struggles I went through. Songs like "The Crow and the Butterfly", "Unity", but most of all "Call Me". Stef and I couldn't even sing along because we were crying. The thing is, these tears are okay for me because I know where they come from. And even though I might not always be alright, the music and Shinedown taught me to move on. But sometimes, it's just a mood I'm in and when a certain song hits me I just can't help it. That's just how it is. One step at a time.

I also want to mention how incredibly sweet Brent Smith was at this show. He seemed super worried because of us crying and made sure we're okay. Thank you for that.

I love these guys. I love Stef. I love Matt. Thank you for everything. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen