12/17/2018

Shinedown Roadtrip: Hamburg



Kilometers traveled: 6.537

Shows: 8/10

Hamburg was incredible.

First of all, the whole day before the show was just very relaxed. We could sleep in, get ready and then head for the city. Then we also had pizza before the show. So we all felt good and relaxed before it all started.

 
Secondly, I met my dear friend Rike again. We hadn't seen each other in two years and I missed her so very much. I met Rike 2016 at the Shinedown show in Hamburg. It was her first show. We made it to the front row and had such an amazing time. We always said we would go to another Shinedown show together and that was the day. Also, I could give her a very personal present which made her so overly happy, I'm still close to crying because it made me so happy to see her so happy. She's just a wonderful person and I wish we could spend more time together. 


Then there was the show. I have seen Shinedown for 23 times now in total, and this show in Hamburg was the BEST SHINEDOWN SHOW EVER. Everything was perfect. The people who were there with me (Stef, Rike, Dana, April - thank you for being you) made me feel so very loved and happy. During some songs we just became one huge ball of love, hugging and holding each other. Then Stef had prepared 30 signs, 15 of them saying "You are heroes", 15 saying "You are loved". She had given them to people and we all held them up during "Get Up". Brent was so very touched by this, the whole band was, it was just beautiful. 

I still can't thank Shinedown enough for putting "Fly From the Inside" on the setlist for Stef. I've never seen her that happy, it was wonderful. And then there was this moment I still can't really believe was true. That moment when Brent and Zach played "What a Shame" for me. This song just means so much to me, it had been with me through very dark times and hearing it live was so beautiful, I'm crying while writing this. I know it was a tough request and it might not have been perfect to you, but it was perfect for me.

Yes, this show was very special. I was incredibly happy that night. And I am endlessly grateful for all of this. Still unreal. Forever one of the best moments I could experience. Thank you. I love you. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen