8/16/2019

Get a move on

I went back to our training and workout with the team the last days after a four week break. And it hit me hard how I am in such a bad shape, not fit at all. 

I still believe this break was necessary because I had lost motivation and fun for the sports I loved. Also, I haven’t been in a good state mentally. I couldn’t find the will to work out. Maybe – or more certainly – I should’ve done something at home then (as I needed this break from handball and the team and all but could’ve done a small workout at home still). I didn’t do it. Didn’t get off my ass. And now getting back to it is really hard. And yet it’s important. Not because working out will make me look good or something like that. More because it makes me feel better.

It doesn’t really matter what kind of sports you do. Just move your body. Most of us work in an office or with a PC or laptop almost all day long. This will get to our back in the worst way possible. We feel sore even though we didn’t really move. Or rather BECAUSE we didn’t really move. You all know that of course. But working out will also be helpful for your mental health. It clears the head if you just think about the thing you’re doing, when you’re feeling your body. You’ll be happier. You’ll sleep better. 

It doesn’t have to be the 5000-calories-burning-extreme-workout. Starting step by step will already improve how you feel. You could do 15 minutes a day. Do some yoga, stretch, relax your muscles. Move your joints. Stabilize your back, your whole body. Allow your muscles to recover. But move. 

I still feel sore and I’m still upset about not being in shape at all, not being in good condition. I am fully aware that this is my own fault. But it would be hypocritical to say it’s always easy to get after it. And sometimes you just can’t. The only important thing is this: Take care of yourself. Get back to it when you can. Get up and get a move on.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen