9/04/2016

Secrets of Ink



This is the first tattoo I got. And here is what it means to me:

 

The tattoo is inspired by the Shinedown song The Crow and The Butterfly - to be more precise, it is the line "Just like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summersky." It is this song that saved me in one of my darkest times. 
The Crow and The Butterfly was my first favorite Shinedown song. It was one of the reasons why I started to love this band and it was one of the songs I always listened to when I was feeling down; which basically happened a lot back then. It was in February 2012 when I went to my very first Shinedown concert (exactly 02/05/12). I had no idea what to expect. During this show, Brent Smith took a moment to simply talk to us. He talked about rock music not being dead - never being dead - and about how the rise of rock'n'roll starts now and that we were all the same, that we had a family; the Shinedown family. He basically taught me that it was good to be the way I am, even though the other girls at school were all different. I finally knew that I had a soulmate out there. Brent Smith became my hero. And not just him. I got to know more rock bands, I started to exessively visit rock shows. On that day in February, I got to know my second favorite band: Halestorm. And they, too, taught me to simply be a rock'n'roll chic if that is what I want.
After this show, I started to change. I lost 10 pounds. I got more confident. I started to live the rise of rock'n'roll. 
The Crow and The Butterfly was one of the songs to help me out of the darkness. That is why I got it tattooed on my back. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen