10/25/2016

Reading Diary - THE BEAST (PART ONE) #2

Dear Rhage,

So you didn't die. Thank you for this. 
Still I have no idea why for fuck's sake you had to run into this Girl's School to get killed even though Vishous warned you. Thank the Scribe Virgin for Mary and her smart ideas (although I'm not sure if I should thank the Scribe Virgin for anything 'cause basically she did nothing but refuse to help you. Hope she slips on V's blood and breaks her hip.) How crazy that the beast saved your life! Well played, J.R. Ward, well played. I didn't expect that.
What I don't get: Why does Mary act as if she did anything bad to your relationship. I mean, maybe I'm just noch sensitive enough, but I don't see the problem. Why the hell don't you guys just talk? Oh, an thank you Warden for letting Phury say ONE WHOLE SENTENCE. God, can't be that hard to involve him a little more. I mean, it's been quite a while since he kicked ass and we actually read about it, right? Give me more of that hot gentleman manor paired with shit kickers and black leather, please.
And I got a feeling that the Layla-Xcor-thing will blow up soon, now that Butch brought him to the mansion. Fritz won't be happy about all the blood, but hey! C'est la vie (and to be honest, I believe he will love it 'cause it'll cause him tons of cleaning work). And what's going on with Assail? Can he please just go to Florida and get Marisol, so he doesn't have to take cocaine? And will Tohr find out about Xcor and him being brothers?
But besides all of this, the book just gives me all the feels. Combined with the Alter Bridge songs I currently listen to (which feel like they are a soundtrack for all the Black Dagger Novels) it just sends me back to a nicer place where things worked out fine and where I felt good and happy and connected to something and someone. Nothing brings up the past faster than a Black Dagger Brotherhood novel. Still, they are so good and the feel like I'm healing and burning at the same time. Can't wait to read on.

Thank you for being back, Rhage.

Love,
Danni

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen