11/20/2016

State of my Head #6

It's been getting quiet around me.

Since I'm here, it started to be silent in my room. No talks, no music. No music. I look in the mirror and wonder if that is still me. 
The truth is, I don't find the right songs to listen to. And the reason for this is I don't know what I'm feeling, so I can't choose my music. That's killing me 'cause what's a person without their music? Less than nothing. 

Music is my home when there's no place to shelter me when I am there. It's my sunshine on a rainy day and my storm in a summer night. It's my sex, my drug, my lust, but also my pain, my tears, my hurt. My sick cycle carousel. The shoulder I cry on, the dose that I die on. My wake up call. My resistance. A leader that won't compromise. The one thing that reminds me of what I really am. The point that I've been proving. The poison on my tongue, but I like it - I love it. 

This being without music is painful, and I try to break through this whenever I can. I try to find the time to simply listen. To listen to my inner emotional words and choose the right songs for the right moments. 

'Cause in the end, Rock'n'Roll will never die - 'cause Rock'n'Roll is a way of life!

"Nothing will ever replace drums, bass, guitar, bad ass vocals and a great song." - Brent Smith

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen