12/22/2018

You make a difference

I’m a rather insecure person and I tend to criticize myself and my work a lot. But this past year I felt so much empowerment by so many people, especially during the last two months, that I actually switched from crying because I’m sad and I don’t believe in myself to crying because I am so grateful for the people who are in my life; who support me, encourage me, help me, love me.

I started to pass this on as much as possible. It was always natural for me to support my friends and to be there for them. But I wanted to get further with this. I started realizing that we don’t even know what it can mean to someone – someone we might not even know (very well) – to say something nice to them, make a compliment, do them a small favor.

We can all make a difference in someone else’s life. And we do make a difference.

It might just be someone driving a person to a therapist session so they can actually get there and get the help they need. It might be someone paying for someone else’s coffee and that other someone paying for the coffee of the next person. It might be someone leaving a comment on a social media platform that compliments someone else. It might be a short but nice text you get. It might be a letter or Christmas card from someone.

We tend to think that small things don’t matter, so we can as well not do them. But they do matter. Those small things actually make the difference one might need at that exact moment.

It’s so easy to make someone’s day. And it feels so good.

So, just go ahead and tell someone you love them today. Tell someone you’re thankful for them or for a certain thing they do or did. If you see someone on the street and think their hair is nice, tell them. Tell someone that you think of them. Post something encouraging on your social media.

Never forget that you make a difference. You made a difference for me. You are important. You are loved. And you are not alone.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen