1/08/2019

2018 in a nutshell

2018 was a roller coaster ride for me for sure. It had the best moments of my entire life and the most devastating experiences I could imagine so far. Here's the best of it.


January: The year started out with my best friends. We made a crime dinner which meant we had amazing food while trying to solve a murder case. But the murderer escaped. 


February: I'm still very proud of this picture of Mercury yawning. This month was full of cat snuggles.


March: A humpback whale in the Atlantic sea before Reykjavik, Iceland. This picture means a lot to me in many different senses. First of all, it reminds me of the first time I traveled Iceland - which became my favorite country. Also, we did this whale watching tour and were already on our way back to the harbor when we met this creature. I was never before so impressed in my whole life. Seeing this animal in its natural environment made me overly happy. And last but not least, I won a photo contest with this picture; the first time ever. 


April: 2018 was full of baby bunnies, but only three of them made it. This is Gregor in his fluffy phase. 


May: I made a spontaneous trip to Gdansk in May with Alina who I grew very close with last year. She made me travel places I'd never gone to without her.


June: This month was so full of ups and downs. I was at my lowest, going through so many inner struggles. And then this man came and picked me up. I still don't know how I deserved this and I'm sure I used all of my karma points that night, but Brent Smith pulled me out of my hole. And I hope I can do something like this for him one day. I am so grateful for this moment.


July: The unfinished Shinedown tattoo on my back. Now it looks different.


August: We finally made it. We finally went on a holiday without one of us missing. I love these girls so much and I couldn't imagine better friends. They are all special, they are all different, they are all amazing.


September: Traveled to another beautiful place with another wonderful person. Madrid, Spain is truly amazing - and so is this beauty here.


October: Meeting the amazing Josh Smith again made me smile. And the fact that he remembered my name after almost three years made me smile even bigger. Also, Joe Hottinger is such an amazing person and I really love everyone in Halestorm.


November: Choosing one favorite picture from November was just as hard as choosing one favorite moment. This one won because it was the first moment that was given to me by someone else. (Also, there is no picture of my favorite moment which was Brent and Zach playing "What A Shame" for me in Hamburg.)


December: 2018 ended in the most perfect way. I was in my favorite country with two of my favorite people and everything played out the way we had planned it. 

So, that was 2018. It was much better than the years before. It was much worse than the years before. But the good was stronger in the end. Thank you for everyone being in my life and making it better every day.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen