11/07/2016

The Man who Made My Year - Zach Myers


33 years old today - so born 7th November 1983 - Zach Myers is definitely the man of the year for me. His birthday is reason enough to say a few words about this person and what makes him a hero.

First of all, Zach is the guitarist of my favorite band of all time: Shinedown. He is overly talented. He has a good taste in clothes, especially shoes. He has the same hair growing rhythm like my brother. But most of all, he is just such a cool person - someone I definitely want to be friends with.


I saw Shinedown live this year - five times all in all. It was the first chance to see them again after four years of waiting. The first time was in London at the Carnival of Madness show, where Zach gave me one of his picks. Then I had to wait until June for Rock am Ring and three headline shows.

I made a sign for RaR, referring to the birth of Oliver Levon Myers, the endlessly beautiful son of Zach and his wife Bethany. Zach saw it and thankes me several times, and in the end he threw his wristband for me. Unfortunately, some other girl caught it from my hands. I wrote Zach what happened and told him I was coming to the show in Hamburg, and that was the start of our two-week-friendship.


Since then, I stood in front of Zach at all three headline shows: Hamburg, Amsterdam, Nijmegen. I finally met the guys in Amsterdam and had the sweetest talk with him. We wrote several messages and in Nijmegen, he came out only because I told him there were people waiting.

Zach Myers made this June amazing for me. I felt loved and cared about.


I find it great how active he is on social media, that he shares his private life with us and how politically interested he is. I also think it's good that he openly states his opinion, because people look up to him and they can see that politics are important when he talks about it.

I hope, Zach, if you read this, that we will meet again, talk again. Happy Birthday, Mr. Myers. And thank you for everything. No matter what others say, you will always be a hero.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen