1/20/2020

2019 in a nutshell

2019 was a weird year, split in half emotion-wise. The first half was incredible, full of hard work and amazing moments, important memories and great achievements. The second half was hard, dark, exhausting and complicated. Here's a collection of my most treasured memories of this year.


January: The year started with a lot of work on my bachelor thesis. The only pictures I took were of the cats so here's tiger lady Mercury.


February: John and I went outside to take some pictures so I could catch a break from the work at my desk.


March: I went to one of my favorite zoos with my brother and my best friend. It's a beautiful place and going there feels incredibly good.


April: I handed in my bachelor thesis and went to Texel to feel free. And what can I say: it worked.


May: This picture is a symbol for the most incredible time of my 2019. I got to shoot two Shinedown shows in Atlanta. I spent so much time with all these amazing people. They gave me a place to be myself, they gave me love and a sense of family. And I miss them very much.


June: After coming back home, I started some photography projects, including this wonderful one with my dear friend Stella. Strength and confidence are what this is about and I could really use both of them.


July: Traveling through Norway was the best way to ease my mind after my crappy birthday. I finished my bachelor's degree in July and things got chaotic. But Norway was raw and wild and I found peace there.


August: My beautiful friend Rike came to visit me and we spent some much needed time together. I love this picture of her (along with all the others we took). She's an incredible friend.


September: I went to work, walked through every day life and then I went back to Burgers Zoo with a dear friend. It was a calm month and I forgot about most of it.


October: Texel with Annika was so important. We took so many awesome pictures and tried new stuff. It was creative and relaxing and freeing. I loved it very much.


November: Meeting Halestorm again was so good. They were welcoming and gave me so much love and appreciation. I missed them a lot and it was nice to lose myself in the moment for a while during their three shows. They are awesome people.


December: The end of the year was about Shinedown again. It was different than the other tours and not everything went well. I didn't feel entirely good. But these four men and their crew helped me through everything. They were my anchor. And I am forever grateful, as I said so many times before.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen